Let’s start by saying that ClickBank and ClickBank University 2.0 are two separate services.
ClickBank is one of the worlds largest online affiliate marketplaces. Anyone is welcome to join and find affiliate offers for various services, then promote them on their own websites.
If you already have the affiliate marketing knowledge, and your looking for some services or products to promote, you can likely find something here for your chosen niche market.
This should go without saying but, Please, do your due diligence when choosing services/products to promote.
While there are many legitimate and trustworthy vendors withing the marketplace, there are also some scams that can destroy the brand of your site.
Remember, just because ClickBank promotes something as a top seller does not mean that it is your best option.
ClickBank University 2.0 is a training series created for ClickBank. In fact, you can find this as an affiliate program within their marketplace.
This is the training that I have chosen to write about in this article, so any mention of ClickBank from here in will be referencing this training unless otherwise noted.
If you have seen the sales video for their training program, then you may be wondering, is ClickBank University 2.0 a scam, or a legit opportunity to learn how to make money online?
Throughout the video, you will see numerous bold statements about what their training can deliver if you invest your time and money into the program.
Statements Such As:
- You can make your first commission that day
- Generate unlimited traffic, practically on demand with their traffic center
- Know everything you need to make your first sale online by the end of the video
Those are just a few of those bold statements that could lead many to wonder about the integrity of this company.
If you follow through and decide to make the purchase, you will be hit with some upsells that they didn’t mention before, to the tune of $691. This is not counting the membership fee of $47 a month.
Yet another reason to question if it’s a legit service or just another online scam.
I do believe that they use some sly tactics like praying on your fears, withholding information, and making some highly suspect statements about the time frame that one could achieve success online.
While I disagree with the approach that they have chosen to use, that alone does not make their service a scam.
So, my short answer to the question “are they legit” would be, Yes the ClickBank University 2.0 training is a legit service used by thousands of people to achieve success online.
It’s not the best solution for affiliate marketers, but it is a great choice for those who want to create their own digital products and sell them online.
Details About ClickBank University 2.0
- My Rating:4 of 5
- Website URL: www.clickbank.com/university
- Yes, if you wish to create and sell your own digital products
- No, if you wish to learn how to create a successful affiliate marketing business without breaking the bank.
- Price: $47 a month, $691 in upsells
Some Pros vs Cons to Consider.
- Learn from experts in the field, for those looking to become a vendor on ClickBank
- Weekly live Q&A
- 30-Day money back guarantee
- Has potential if you can invest the time and money necessary
- They have a private Facebook support group
- Access to an active forum dedicated to CBU 2.0
- Step-by-Step training videos with PDF text
- ClickBank University has it’s own affiliate program within the marketplace
- Outdated affiliate marketing training
- There have been some reports of no response from customer service when trying to withdraw from the program withing the first 30 days, and never receiving the refund.
- No try before you buy option
- Will be expensive after buying the “required” upsells plus the paid traffic solutions
- Tool from the upsell, is a key feature of the training
- Hard to change website hosting from ClickBank to another service
- Sly tactics in the initial sales video
- Strong focus on paid traffic only ( not SEO optimized)
- Most of the training is initially locked, even after purchase ( unlocked over a certain time frame or by filling in a form and sending the request)
- The weekly Q&A has no direction ( it’s a free for all, expert or beginner, ask what you want, the topics can vary greatly)
ClickBank University 2.0s Focus:
Hands down, the focus with this training series is to create and sell your own digital products through the ClickBank marketplace.
They do have affiliate training but it is sub-par compared to my #1 recommended affiliate training course.
What’s Inside The Training?
Vendor series: 12 Week Training
Over the course of this 12 week training series, you will learn a host of related skills and info such as:
- 1. How it all works, and the set up process
- 2. Choosing the right product for you
- 3. Avatar creation process, so you can know your ideal customer
- 4. The content creation process and how to outsource it
- 5. What the best upsell for your product will be to maximize ROI
- 6. How to create high converting sales copy
- 7. An easy VSL (video sales letter)
- 8. How to finish your product using their ClickBank Builder tool (from the first upsell)
- 9. Getting your offer on the ClickBank marketplace
- 10. Managing JVs (Joint Ventures)
- 11. Best practices for split testing your marketing material
- 12. How to scale your business
- Plus a bonus and congratulations page
Whether your just starting, or you have an intermediate level of knowledge, you could likely benefit from this series.
However, pros likely won’t find anything new from this training.
It’s not the most expensive training available, and the value that you get is worth the money from this content alone if you don’t factor in the added upsells.
Considering this is not the focus of the ClickBank University 2.0, the training is less extensive with only 8 weeks of outdated content.
The topics found within the affiliate training are:
- ClickBank affiliate marketing
- Utilizing the ClickBank marketplace for affiliates
- Finding a niche to match your passion
- Ins and outs of sales funnels and capture pages
- Building your email list
- Successful email marketing
- Options for email campaigns
- Scaling your affiliate business
It would seem that most of this content is in need of an update.
For someone completely new to affiliate marketing, you could benefit from this training to an extent but the gains would be limited. Unless you only take the minimum monthly plan, this would Not be worth your money, especially if you are only looking for affiliate training.
However, there is a more affordable and effective solution that will cover affiliate training in far more detail, and offers all the tools that you need, included with the monthly plan, and you can try it for FREE with no obligation or hassle.
Limited Membership Options:
I have expressed already who this course would be most beneficial to, and if you feel that this is for you, here is what you should expect when signing up.
$47/month membership fee
The monthly membership is required to access the training courses and it will be necessary to maintain these payments to have access to your website.
$594 or two payments of $297 for the ClickBank Builder
This is the first upsell that they didn’t mention before. If you decide not to make this purchase, you may feel left out during certain segments of the training as they focus on using this tool.
$97 for the advanced training
This is upsell number 2 that you wouldn’t have heard about and it’s optional.
This is essentially a more in depth training with focus on turning traffic into sales, JV partnerships, paid advertisements, etc. etc.
If you are already investing for the long haul, I would recommend going for the advanced training as well.
If we include the monthly membership fee and split the CB builder into two payments, plus take the advanced training.
Month 1. $47 + $297 + $97 = 441
Month 2. $47 + $297 = $344
Month 3. $47 a month from here until the end.
Note: I am not including tax with my calculations here but you can still see how it adds up fast.
The combined payment for just the first three months including all optional upgrades would set you back $832.
I don’t feel that this is a cost-efficient way for a beginner to get into affiliate marketing and I think you can see why.
The better option for getting quality affiliate training,” plus getting advanced tools included with membership, having the option to try before you buy, and not breaking the bank,” is Wealthy Affiliate.
To The Future:
I have a side by side review for ClickBank University vs Wealthy Affiliate that will show you why WA is my #1 choice for affiliate marketing training.
I hope that I have helped to clear up some common questions about CBU 2.0 and if you feel that I was inaccurate in any way, or you have something to ask that wasn’t covered in this post, please feel free to comment anytime and I would be happy to respond with an answer.
I would also like for you to leave your opinions, questions, or suggestions about the direction of my site on my Feedback Page.
To Your Success