Welcome to my ClickFunnels Affiliate Program Review, where you will get all the dirty details on one of the hottest affiliate products on the market.
I’ll break it all down for you. Find out the good, the bad, and the dirty little secrets that nobody’s talking about.
Here’s what you can expect to see in this ClickFunnels Affiliate Program Review:
- How Does The ClickFunnels Affiliate Program Work? (Is It Legit)
- How To Make Money As A ClickFunnels Affiliate (Becoming A ClickFunnels Affiliate)
- Pros And Cons Of ClickFunnels (The Great And Not So Great)
- What Is A Sticky Cookie? (Commission Autopilot)
- What Is The ClickFunnels Affiliate Bootcamp? (Free Training)
- What Is The One Funnel Away Challenge? (Fast Lane For The Action Takers)
- What Is The ClickFunnels Affiliate Dream Car Contest (What They Don’t Advertise)
- My Final Verdict And The End Of This ClickFunnels Affiliate Program Review (What Do You Think)
Note: Due to recent announcements during the live ClickFunnels birthday event, some products/services offered and the associated values may change. I will update accordingly over the coming months as new information is released.
My ClickFunnels Affiliate Program Rating
- My Rating: 4.7 of 5
- Website URL: www.clickfunnels.com
- Recommended: Highly recommended
- Price: Become a ClickFunnels Affiliate for Free. Paid membership ranges from $97 (Basic Package), $297 (Etison Suite Package), to the latest $697 (ClickFunnels Platinum Package) or more depending on your needs as a marketer.
How Does The ClickFunnels Affiliate Program Work? (Is It Legit)
The ClickFunnels affiliate program works, like most others, by paying commissions for each referral that signs up through your affiliate link. Commissions are paid on the 1st and 15th each month on a recurring basis for every referral who remains active on the platform for 30 days and makes a payment to ClickFunnels.
Unlike many affiliate programs, ClickFunnels offers various bonuses to its affiliates by giving one time cash bonuses for the sale of certain ClickFunnels products, plus a chance to win your dream car (or so they advertise).
So it’s just like any typical affiliate program with a few extras. But is the ClickFunnels affiliate program legit?
You bet it is.
There are currently over 95,000 active entrepreneurs using ClickFunnels right now. Creating leadpages, sales funnels, squeeze pages, opt-ins, you name it. ClickFunnels was designed to be versatile and adaptable, and offers something to almost every market.
Being a ClickFunnels affiliate means that you have options.
Because they offer so much value to their members, and their tools have been proven time and time again in multiple industries. You can promote ClickFunnels in almost any market and simultaneously offer more value to your prospect’s.
How will you know what type of value you can offer? How can you drive traffic to ClickFunnels and start working your way to becoming a super affiliate?
First, get a handle on making money as a ClickFunnels affiliate, then try out The ClickFunnels Affiliate Bootcamp or the One Funnel Away Challenge.
How To Make Money As A ClickFunnels Affiliate (Becoming A ClickFunnels Affiliate)
The first step to making money as a ClickFunnels affiliate, is to sign up. You can start with the 14-day free trial that leads into a paid membership giving you access to the ClickFunnels software, or you can sign up as a free affiliate. Commissions range from 20% up to 40% on a recurring basis for the lifetime of the referral membership.
Most affiliates will tell you that you can earn up to 40% recurring commissions as a ClickFunnels affiliate, and that is true, but there is more to it than that. You don’t start out earning 40% in the beginning.
Let me explain, as this is not something that is advertised widely, and I consider this one of the many dirty little secrets (aka, non-disclosed info that you should know about).
Three Tier Commission Structure For ClickFunnels Affiliates:
- Badge Commission: This commission will earn you 20% when someone signs up through your ClickFunnels badge. The badge will say “made with ClickFunnels”, and it’s found in the bottom right corner of the screen, and links directly to clickfunnels.com as your affiliate link. This badge can only be displayed if the page was built using ClickFunnels.
- Approved Affiliate: This commission will earn you 30%, and it’s the starting point for all new affiliates after being approved (virtually everyone is approved)
- Qualified Affiliate: To become a qualified affiliate and earn 40% commissions, you must first maintain 40 unique paid user accounts on the ClickFunnels platform on a monthly basis. Members who achieve this, and follow all rules and regulations, will have the opportunity to earn these higher commissions.
- Bonus: There are bonuses for various ClickFunnels products that may pay you 100% commissions such as the One Funnel Away Challenge, or pay you extra cash for certain milestones such as the Dream Car Contest. (I’ll discuss each soon)
Now that you have a better understanding of the commission structure, lets touch on some products you can promote to make money with ClickFunnels.
ClickFunnels Affiliate Products Overview:
- 30 Day Summit: Learn what other successful ClickFunnels users would do if they lost it all and only had 30 days to get back on track. 30 expert marketers with different perspectives, all correct, and all giving you their insights.
- Affiliate Bootcamp Summit: Free affiliate training focused on using ClickFunnels to retire in 100 days
- Dream Car Contest: ClickFunnels will buy your dream car, or will they? (Dirty Details Below)
- 14 Day Free Trial: The path to 3 membership options. Starter: $97, Etison: $297, and Platinum: $697
- FBS Secret Funnel Strategy: The replacement for Funnel Hacks, this will get you on the right track to creating your marketing masterpiece, even if you don’t have a product yet.
- FBS Lady Boss: Rags to riches strategy from Brandon and Kaelin Poulin, who launched 4 funnels and seen one million ROI for each.
- Dotcom Secrets (Book): Your all in one playbook to selling online with actionable advice and plenty of examples.
- Expert Secrets (Book): The follow up to Dotcom Secrets and a must read for all marketing entrepreneurs. Learn how to create a massive following of raving fans who will pay for your advice and expertise.
- Funnel Scripts: Never worry about sales copy again because they will write it for you. You only need to make minor adjustments to suite your product.
- Lead Funnels Swipe Files (E-Book): See Russell’s pick of the best performing Lead Funnels, Landing Pages, and Tripwire Pages. Also learn the secrets to creating hooks, bullets, lead magnets, headlines, and stories that convert.
- Network Marketing Secrets (Book): Russell combines his extensive knowledge of MLM with his expertise using funnels to bring you valuable information you can put to work.
- One Funnel Away Challenge: Coaching, training, and accountability in one package.
Pros And Cons Of ClickFunnels (The Great And Not So Great)
- It’s a great product that has changed lives and continues to innovate, so it’s not going away any time soon.
- Multiple products to offer throughout multiple industries
- Works well with most markets and it’s adaptable with a little creativity
- A lot of potential upsells to help you earn more as an affiliate, all handled by the ClickFunnels team so you can focus on what matters, helping others.
- Learn almost everything you need to know from the source. There is plenty of training to get you started in the right direction.
- For the resources that don’t have all the answers through ClickFunnels, there is a huge user base that can fill in the gaps such as the ClickFunnels Avengers Facebook group for affiliates, and many more.
- They offer many incentives to earn bonus cash and grow your affiliate commissions.
- Sticky Cookies!!! This is a cool feature that lets you earn some extra passive commissions. This one merits some further explanation, check for that after the cons.
I’m sure I could go on and on about the benefits of using Clickfunnels and how it has so much to offer your audience, but for our sanity, I’ll stop right here and move on to the cons.
- Learning Curve: There is so much to learn that it can easily become overwhelming for a beginner. It does get easier as you continue to push forward, but be prepared to soak up some knowledge.
- Spread To Thin: ClickFunnels is a great platform primarily meant for building funnels, but they are trying to do too much simultaneously, and falling short on other aspects of their services. Luckily, it was just announced during the 5-year live birthday webinar, that ClickFunnels is dialing back to focus on being the master of funnels as it was originally intended.
- Price Points: For a beginner with little to no income, the cost of ClickFunnels will be a barrier to entry. Even with the 14-day free trial, members starting with nothing may find it hard to earn enough revenue to cover the membership fees.
- Short Trial Period: The 14-day trial period is short and leaves little room for a beginner to learn the ropes to effectively turn a profit using ClickFunnels.
- Customer Support: Not my complaint, but I have heard of issues with the customer support. Russell actually talked on this during the birthday bash. He pointed out that they receive 10,000 support tickets per day, and that they plan to focus more attention to answering tickets faster and more thoroughly as they are changing direction with the company.
Every one of these cons can either be overcome through persistence or is being addressed by the ClickFunnels team already, so in my mind, they are simply challenges to overcome or problems that should be resolved within the months ahead.
I don’t feel that any of these cons outweigh the value offered by ClickFunnels and I feel confident that at least 98,000 plus members would agree with that statement.
As you can see, there are a lot of options to choose from, and a lot of value to offer if you want to make money as a ClickFunnels affiliate.
So, where will you get started?
I would suggest the ClickFunnels Affiliate Bootcamp and/or the One Funnel Away Challenge to get some training under your belt? The more knowledge you can get before starting that free trial or paid membership, the better your odds of hitting the ground running and making it to the big leagues.
Before we get into that, let’s go over that mysterious sticky cookie.
What Is A Sticky Cookie? (Commission Autopilot)
A sticky cookie is what ClickFunnels uses to track who should earn a commission when a referral makes a purchase on a related product. It’s virtually the same as a browser cookie except it’s used over a longer period and could earn you passive commissions months, or possibly years later. Sticky cookies will remain active until the prospect uses another affiliates, affiliate link, at which point the active sticky cookie will then be transferred to the new affiliate.
I know it’s a little confusing and the rules surrounding this feature are rather vague, but I’ll do my best to explain it so we can all get a better picture.
Here’s How A Sticky Cookie Works
- Someone signs up through your affiliate link to join ClickFunnels or make a purchase on related products.
- ClickFunnels adds a sticky cookie (digitally) to their browser to track their purchases.
- If they purchase a product anytime while your sticky cookie is active, then you earn a commission.
- In order for your sticky cookie to be active on a prospect’s browser (i.e. you earn the commission), your affiliate link must be the last link they used.
- If a prospect uses one of ClickFunnels official company links, then the last affiliate to have the active cookie will still earn the commission.
- You may lose an active sticky cookie if one of your prospect’s uses another affiliates link, and it leads to a purchase. This will not affect your membership commissions, only those earned for products after the initial sign up.
Russell refers Julie to ClickFunnels and earns a commission when she signs up for the basic plan.
Julie later receives an email from ClickFunnels promoting their One Funnel Away Challenge and she is intrigued, so she makes a purchase.
Russell has just earned a commission for that purchase, and he didn’t have to lift a finger to do it. It’s like commissions on autopilot. He can let ClickFunnels do the marketing for him and they still give him credit for that referral, not to mention he is still earning membership commissions as well. How cool is that?
Julie is moving along within the program rather quick. She’s learning daily, building out her funnels, and even getting some traffic, but she’s looking for a little help writing copy.
Now Julie, being the independent person she is, starts doing some research online about anything she can use to help with her copy writing and that works well with ClickFunnels. Low and behold, she comes across another affiliates article that explains how Funnel Scripts has everything she’s looking for, so she goes through their link and makes a purchase.
Now that other affiliate has the sticky cookie, and they will earn commissions on any future products that Julie buys while their cookie is active. This affiliate does not earn commissions from her membership fees, only the products.
I hope this has cleared up what a sticky cookie is and how its used.
As you can see, it’s a good idea to foster relationships with your referrals and guide them to any products or services they may need. The more active you are in reaching out and offering help, the less likely your prospect’s will be to go through someone else’s affiliate link to purchase another product and by extension, pass your cookie on to the next affiliate.
Now that you understand what a sticky cookie is, lets move on to the affiliate bootcamp.
What Is The ClickFunnels Affiliate Bootcamp? (Free Training)
The ClickFunnels Affiliate Bootcamp is a free 5-day video training series from 15 of the top ClickFunnels super affiliates. The program is intended to show what course of action these super affiliates would take over a 100-day period, to earn a full time income using ClickFunnels. Videos will be unlocked over the next 5 days, after signing up, and they will only be available for a limited time once unlocked.
If I had to choose just one aspect of the ClickFunnels affiliate program that I thought was awesome, it would be the incredible value offered at every turn. Not only can you sign up as an affiliate for free, you can also get training from 15 of the top ClickFunnels affiliates (aka Super Affiliates) with no added cost.
Super affiliates are the elite members inside the ClickFunnels platform.
Russell Brunson (The Founder of ClickFunnels) noticed that many affiliates were struggling to see the same level of success as those who had made it to super affiliate status, so he came up with a plan.
He decided to ask the 98 super affiliates who qualified for the dream car a question.
(I’m paraphrasing here but you will get the point)
If you could only feed your family with affiliate commissions, what would you do over the next 100 days to make this a full time career?
Only 15 replied and were willing to give away their secrets, and thus, the ClickFunnels Affiliate Bootcamp (aka The Summit) was born.
After vetting each of them, Russell decided to put them all together as a training series to help everyone find a path to the same level of success. What better way to show you the path, then to let you see for yourself, how the top affiliates are doing it from their perspective.
All of these super affiliates have made their success using the ClickFunnels software, and they are passing the knowledge on to everyone else, Absolutely Free.
There has to be a catch though right, nobody is going to give that much away for free, at least not without some strings attached.
So here it is.
The catch is that the videos’ comes with a time limit before you lose access. Russell has set it up this way to ensure that you stay focused and take in the information that you need to be successful.
Because each video will only be available for a certain time after you get access, you will be forced to watch it now or you can only get access through the One Funnel Away Challenge (more on this soon).
But how is he able to give away this training at absolutely no cost to you.
It’s simple really. Russell is not like other gurus.
You know, the ones who make a fortune selling you courses on how to use their products.
He doesn’t need to sell you courses, he owns the software.
90% of people who see the most success with ClickFunnels, use ClickFunnels to achieve it, so Russell actually benefits more from giving you everything he can to make you successful because that makes him successful.
When you win, he wins, everybody wins.
This is the type of programs that I enjoy being a part of and promoting. I believe in the win-win business model, and the companies that follow it will typically make it to the top of my recommended list.
The beauty of this 15 videos’ of training is that it applies to affiliate marketing in general and not just ClickFunnels. While the focus is on using ClickFunnels for whatever product or service you wish to promote, each video gives actionable advice that can be used in a general sense.
From SEO, to ranking on YouTube, to local markets. Each super affiliate has a different take on how to make it to the top, and each is seeing success with the tactics they teach.
All of these methods will not work for everyone. I’m preferable to the SEO and YouTube methods myself, but you may feel more at home with another tactic that is a little more involved.
All options are viable and proven to work, so pick something you resonate with and go for it. By the end of this training, you will have a far better understanding of how to choose your market, what your actually promoting, and how you can help others while helping yourself.
Signing up for the ClickFunnels Affiliate Bootcamp becomes a no brainier at this point. Even if you decide not to use the platform for your promotions, you will get some serious knowledge bombs, for nothing more than the time it takes to watch and absorb the info.
However, a word of warning when you sign up for the bootcamp.
Russell Brunson is a powerhouse salesman. This guy is great at his craft and he’s very compelling. This in itself is an added bonus for ClickFunnels affiliates, because just getting people to the sales page is usually enough to convert the traffic, although I would still suggest offering more value of your own in the process.
After signing up, Russell will have a short sales video to introduce you to the One Funnel Away Challenge. This is an optional and separate program.
You do not have to sign up for the One Funnel Away Challenge to gain access to the 15 free training videos’, although it does come with some added bonuses at a cost. This program is not for everyone and I’ll explain why in just a moment.
I would still suggest watching the video so you can see Russell in action. He’s inspiring and motivational, and you can actually feel the energy as he walks you through the offer. Take notes peeps, he’s at the top for a reason.
Now, lets go over this OFA Challenge and explain my warning to you.
What Is The One Funnel Away Challenge? (Fast Lane For The Action Takers)
The One Funnel Away Challenge (OFA), is a 30 day, step by step action plan to get your first or next funnel up and running the right way. This plan shows you the proper way to structure your funnels, holds you accountable to deadlines, gives you 30 days of coaching, and provides actionable advice from experienced members, as well as giving you special access to certain ClickFunnels products.
This is a great course of action for those who have the time and dedication to follow through and execute daily goals. For ClickFunnels affiliates, this is yet another opportunity for you to earn while helping your action oriented audience.
Warning: If you have a hard time focusing, have zero dollars to invest into your online business (you can barely pay the OFA fee, let alone a ClickFunnels membership fee), or you simply are not willing to invest your time over the next 30 days to receive guidance in setting up a funnel correctly, then this may not be for you or your potential customers.
There is still a ton of value being offered, and even if you decide not to utilize the 30 days of coaching to it’s fullest potential, you will be getting some extra goodies for signing up to the One Funnel Away Challenge.
What You Get With The One Funnel Away Challenge
If you or your customers don’t have time to waste with trial and error, you need to get started in the right direction fast, and the warning above does not apply to you, then this may be something worth looking at. Again, this is a lot of value at a great price, and it offers a lot more to becoming an effective affiliate.
- 30 daily tasks from Russell Brunson delivered via video, so you can learn from the strategist himself
- 30 days of specialized coaching from Steve J.Larsen, and Julie Stoian
- One Funnel Away Challenge kit with plans for your next 30 days
- A workbook to help you narrow in on the type of funnels you need to create and help you execute your plan
- Prerecorded mp3 of the first One Funnel Away Challenge so you can listen on the go anywhere you want.
- Hardcover book with day by day action plans describing what steps the Two Comma Club members would take
- E-book version of The Affiliate Bootcamp
- Lifetime access to the bootcamp training videos’
- Lifetime access to behind the funnel footage of the bootcamp training videos’.
- Plus undisclosed bonuses to leave a little mystery behind the magic
Is it okay if they over deliver? I think so, but there is still one question.
How much does the One Funnel Away Challenge Cost?
Now, here is something a little sneaky. I assume this is an intentional marketing tactic, but I can’t know for sure as I’m not a marketing guru myself.
During the sales video for The One Funnel Away Challenge, Russell mentions that if you pay $100, he’s going to send you a package with a lot of goodies in it and that’s not entirely accurate.
The course and goodies are $100, but that’s only if you choose to take the digital copy only. If you want physical goods (as he offered), you will need to add shipping cost to the total.
$19.95 for the U.S. and $29.95 internationally.
This is easy to miss as it’s not mentioned until a little further down the page, and most people tend to scroll through a page until something catches their eye. Many won’t even read the sales copy and will jump straight to checkout after watching the video.
It is mentioned on the page in large letters, but it’s mentioned right next to a comment from a happy customer and doesn’t draw your attention very well if your just scrolling down the long sales page.
I’m sure you would notice when you go to checkout, as they make it very clear at this point that you will need to add shipping, but they don’t mention how much the added cost is at this point either, which is also very sneaky and clever.
It’s another sales tactic and it’s been proven to work well, so I don’t necessarily blame them for using it but as always, I prefer transparency about what I’m paying for.
Now that we have covered the One Funnel Away Challenge, lets get into the Dream Car Contest.
What Is The ClickFunnels Affiliate Dream Car Contest (What They Don’t Advertise)
The ClickFunnels Affiliate Dream Car Contest is an opportunity for affiliates to let ClickFunnels their dream car for them. Affiliates must reach 100 active referrals to qualify for the first tier of the dream car challenge. At tier one, and after the affiliate has leased or purchased a car and sent proof to the Clickfunnels team, they will be given $500 a month toward that new car. Tier two requires 200 active referrals and grants the affiliate with $1000 a month to toward their dream car.
That’s right, whatever your dream car is, you could let ClickFunnels foot the payment if you get enough referrals. But do they really buy your dream car for you?
Maybe not. I have some more dirty details to expose here.
Here’s The Details On The Dream Car Contest As It’s Advertised
- You are automatically enrolled for the Dream Car Contest when you sign up as a ClickFunnels affiliate.
- You need to get 100 active referrals to qualify, then lease your dream car, and send them proof that you got it.
- After confirming that you got your dream car, and so long as you keep at least 100 active members on the $97 or above starter plan, ClickFunnels will send you a check for an extra $500 a month to put toward that dream car.
- If you can get 200 or more active members, they will send you $1000 a month instead of the $500.
Here’s What Their Not Telling You Up Front With The Ads, About The Dream Car Contest
Now I should say up front, that I don’t believe any of these are a huge deal, but I do prefer transparency and feel that everyone should know what their looking at before signing up.
- You must put a ClickFunnels logo on your car. They send you a kit and you must install the logos as described in the kit.
- They may cancel the Dream Car Contest at any time. It’s typical for a company to protect itself like this, and I doubt that they would leave you high and dry with your payments, but they keep that option open.
- You must send them 5 photos of your dream car from the front, rear, and sides. You must be in the photos, and the ClickFunnels logo must be visible to show compliance.
- There are only certain vehicles that are pre-qualified under their guidelines, and they reserve the right to approve or deny your request for a car that falls outside the approved list. Probably not a huge deal for everyone, as the cars that are approved would be nice cars, but they must be 2010 models or newer. You can not make modifications to the car that cause it to no longer comply with the terms (i.e. removing the logos), and they may request updated photos at anytime.
As I said, not a huge deal. But for some of us, the advertising may be misleading and not hold up to expectations.
For instance, my dream car is a 2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R34 and it’s not on the list.
Would they approve it, I have no idea but considering that I probably won’t find it at a dealer, it’s unlikely that I’m getting it on payments therefore it likely won’t qualify.
I’ll update this and let you know after I qualify for it.
To see what cars are approved and everything their not telling you in the ads, check out the Dream Car terms and conditions here.
Now, you may be thinking that your dream car is pretty expensive, probably more than $500 or $1000 a month. How are they buying your dream car if your still having to pay out-of-pocket? Yet another thing that seems a little misleading, but in reality I suppose they are still paying for it if you use your referral commissions to cover the difference.
By the time that you have 100 or 200 active referrals, you will be earning more than enough to cover those payments, and while they may not directly cover the exact amount of your payments, they will send you the extra income on top of what you are already earning from your affiliate referrals.
Overall, it’s a great deal and just an added bonus for earning your way as a ClickFunnels affiliate, they just left out what may be important details to some.
My Final Verdict And The End Of This ClickFunnels Affiliate Program Review (What Do You Think)
The ClickFunnels affiliate program, and the product itself, offers a lot of value to its members. I fail to see any real downsides that would eliminate this program from being a good fit for someone as an affiliate. It’s a solid product with a solid future and massive potential.
As for the product itself, ClickFunnels will be going through some changes in the near future to focus more effort on the core of their business, building funnels. I feel this is a good move for the company and they will see existential growth moving forward.
While I feel it’s a good decision overall, I do believe that this will limit some of the customer base, as users will need to integrate multiple products together to maintain the same functionality they enjoyed before the shift. This will not be a deal breaker for the majority, but for some, it may be.
Overall, the ClickFunnels affiliate program is a great option and one of the hottest affiliate programs on the market today. If you want a great product to offer your audience, then you can’t go wrong with this one. I do suggest getting a handle on the inner workings of the platform, and check out the ClickFunnels Affiliate Bootcamp or One Funnel Away Challenge.
Get started today and maybe you will be the next newest two comma club members.
What Do You Think?
Is ClickFunnels a product you feel is worth promoting?
How would you like to become a super affiliate and let them pay for a new car, maybe even your dream car?
What did you think about this ClickFunnels Affilaite Program review? Did I show you everything you need to know, or is there some aspect I left out that I should add in?
Let me know your thoughts in the comments below. It only takes a few seconds and it helps me help you.
Thanks for taking the time to read this review and for leaving a comment below.
To Your Success,