If you are interested in learning about each of these affiliate training programs individually, I have a review for both Wealthy Affiliate (WA) and ClickBank University 2.0 (CBU) that you can see by following the links.
In this ClickBank University vs Wealthy Affiliate review, I’m going to breakdown the strengths and weaknesses of each in comparison to the other.
This comparison review only covers the affiliate training offered by both WA and CBU 2.0.
The goal here, is to help you make an informed decision on which affiliate training has the most to offer you, and is most likely to satisfy all of your needs. The more information I can give you, the better chance that you will find a training series that you are happy with, and this will help you to reach success with your online business.
Let’s Get Started:
Details About Wealthy Affiliate
- My Rating: 4.6 of 5
- Website URL: www.wealthyaffiliate.com
- Recommended: Highly recommended for beginners
- Price: Starter Member = Free or go Premium and the First Month is $19 and $49 a Month After with Yearly and Half Year Options + Bonus for all new members
Details About ClickBank University 2.0
- My Rating: 4 of 5
- Website URL: www.clickbank.com/university
- Yes, if you wish to become a merchant for ClickBank marketplace
- No, if you wish to learn how to create a successful affiliate marketing business without breaking the bank.
- Price: $47 a month, $691 in upsells
WA Pros vs CBU Pros: Let the Match Begin
Because the list is so extensive, I will only compare my top three pros for each.
WA: Top Three Pros
- Try It Free: For the first 7 days, you will have access to a multitude of resources offered at WA, and after that, you can can still maintain a free account with access to the first text/video training series from two separate courses.
You can also build and manage two websites with your free account. No Financial Information Needed to Join.
- 100s of Hours of Content: The training is all focused toward affiliate marketing and SEO (non-paid traffic), plus, everything is organized in a step by step format with goals to accomplish before moving on to the next step.
- Jaaxy Lite: WA premium members will have access to Jaaxy Lite, and it’s one of the most powerful SEO keyword research tools online.
CBU: Top Three Pros
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee: If within you first 30 days, you find yourself unhappy with the service, you can get a full refund with no questions asked.
- Facebook: CBU members will enjoy a private Facebook support group with like-minded individuals to help with any challenges that you may have.
- CBU Affiliate: ClickBank University has a very lucrative affiliate program that pays commissions as high as 75%. You do not have to sign up for CBU to promote this service.
Note: I should mention that WA has a very lucrative affiliate program as well, and it is also free to promote and earn commissions from. I just felt that this was less important than my top three picks, but still worth an honorable mention.
WA Cons vs CBU Cons
- WA App: There is an app for wealthy affiliate, however, it is completely saturated with ads. The convenience that the app should be meant to serve, is destroyed by the fact that you can barely navigate the site while using it.
I was extremely disappointed with this fact as I thought it would simplify my website management on the go. The ads are the same if you are a free or premium member.
All things considered, and while the service at the main site is extraordinary, I can’t recommend the app to anyone.
- Only Supports English: While this doesn’t affect me directly because English is my native language and the only one I know fluently, I can see this being a barrier to entry for others who may not speak it.
Aside from possibly finding a bilingual member of the community who is willing to mentor someone threw the entire course (unlikely, but nothing is impossible), It would be very difficult for any non English-speaking individuals to participate and succeed through the WA training.
- Content: This one can be bitter sweat and is both a pro and con. There is so much content offered at WA, if you stray from the training, you may become overwhelmed with the extensive knowledge at your fingertips.
It’s important to stick to the training until you have a firm grasp on the basic concepts, and to take things at your own pace. Don’t rush the process, success is built over time and through constant learning.
- Outdated: The affiliate training is notorious for having outdated content. Considering that the focus of ClickBank University is to teach others how to create and sell their own digital products on the ClickBank marketplace, it’s no surprise that the affiliate program is being neglected.
Market trends and the internet in general are changing so often that it is important to have the most up to date and accurate info when creating your business. Outdated tactics will leave you with hours gone and nothing to show for it.
- No Free Trial: Once upon a time, you would have had the opportunity to try their services for free without the need of any financial info. That is no longer the case. Now the only option is to accept a 30-day money back guarantee.
This means you will be paying upfront and have to go through their sales process where you will be hit with multiple upsells on products they didn’t mention previously. If you opt out, then you will likely be waiting an undisclosed amount of time for your money to be returned.
- Upsells: As I just mentioned, you will be hit with some up sales that they don’t mention in the initial sales video. To add salt to the wound, one of the up sales is the ClickBank Builder, and it’s a strong focus of their training program.
They essentially make it a necessity for you to purchase an upsell that they didn’t even mention before. It’s not a cheap tool for the average beginner either, weighing in at $594 or two payments of $297.
What Else is Worth Noting
Here are just a few more things to consider before making a decision between the two. Check out the difference in the level of service.
By now, I imagine that you are starting to see the big picture here. WA is the winner in my book over and over again. The, step by step, take you by the hand training is optimal for beginners.
Even experts could learn something from weekly live seminars or classrooms and the community is always active and happy to lend a helping hand. They have hundreds of hours of training content at an affordable rate and your not forced into any undisclosed up sales.
In fact, they are giving you so many resources to help you build a successful online business, that you may wonder why anyone would choose CBU over WA.
I think the answer to that is because ClickBank does have Wealthy Affiliate beat in one area, hands down. That area is an affiliate marketplace that is easy to search and one of the largest in the world. The marketplace is full of vendors looking for affiliates to promote their products/services. Many of these vendors are there as a result of the CBU vendor training.
You could utilize both the WA affiliate training and the CB marketplace for their strengths. By putting both of these together, you will have a massive wealth of knowledge and an extremely abundant pool of affiliate programs.
You won’t need CBU to promote the products/services from the ClickBank marketplace.
If your anything like I was, you want to make some changes in your life financially and maybe transform yourself into a trusted business owner with a brand that you can be proud of.
You can’t afford to waste time on training that doesn’t work, or invest money on a system that your not confident will give you the desired results for your online business.
If you’re reading this review, then just as I did, your doing your due diligence by researching the options, and in doing so, your well on your way to creating that successful online business.
There are many paths that you can take to reach your destination, but only a few that can help you travel in comfort by removing so many obstacles in the way.
Wealthy Affiliate has it all in one place, and as a bonus, I’ll be waiting on you to JOIN US so that I can personally help you get started on this journey.
If you enjoyed my ClickBank vs Wealthy Affiliate review, and you want to see more, Check out my Recent Posts page.
One more thing before you go. If this review helped you in any way, drop a comment below and/or let me know how I’m doing on my Feedback page. Your input helps me to write content that you care about and focus on the topics that help you. Thank You in advance.
To Your Success